Potential disruption to mailing list

Rebecca Cran rebecca at bsdio.com
Mon Feb 24 15:46:42 MST 2020

I've seen a couple of open source projects (TianoCore and Yocto) move
their mailing lists from Mailman to Groups.io (https://groups.io) in the
last year or so. I'm personally not a fan of groups.io because its
archive isn't as readable as mailman (it doesn't have a tree view - see
https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/topics for an example), you need to
create an account to subscribe to any groups, and they add a pretty ugly
footer to each message, like:

View/Reply Online (#54761):https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/54761
Mute This Topic:https://groups.io/mt/71515873/3953573
Group Owner:devel+owner at edk2.groups.io