Potential disruption to mailing list

mike at dev-zero.net mike at dev-zero.net
Mon Feb 24 15:17:10 MST 2020

i hadn't heard anything about bluehost stopping providing this hosting but i also don't hear all conversations at work. i mentioned this to some coworkers who would be able to look into this. this is a reply i was given by a director and asked to pass along.

"""
Steve,

Our apologies; that was definitely a bug.  We've tracked down the problem to a piece of our billing code that incorrectly tried to renew the plug.org account as a paid account rather than a valued partner account.

We've corrected that bug, ensured your account is once again renewing at no cost correctly, and added a specific check for this type of error to our ever expanding test suites.
"""

he also said "I'm trying to get them a consistent point of contact with the Affiliate team" in the same chat. i'll follow up on this and find out who that contact will be. i wanted to get a reply out so people don't get too worked up before a short deadline.

it would probably still be a good idea to get DNS ownership figured out and i'm not going to say PLUG shouldn't look at other options that might fit the groups needs in the future. this was an oops though and should be resolved now. this probably fixed a problem for some other customers as well and this let us catch and fix that.

mike