Potential disruption to mailing list

Steve Meyers steve at plug.org
Mon Feb 24 11:00:47 MST 2020

Bluehost has been kindly providing a server for PLUG for many years.
Yesterday, I received an email from them saying that the server will be
shut down on Thursday if we don't pay the $150 that is due for this month.
I assume it would be $150 per month after that. Obviously, that's not an
option.

Unfortunately, the person who was our contact at Bluehost (Jared Smith) is
no longer working there. To compound the issue, the domain is owned by Ryan
Simpkins, who I haven't had contact with in several years, so even if I set
up a new server, I would not have a way to point the DNS at it.

I will make sure we have a full backup of the mailing list before Thursday,
and hope for the best from there. I'm sure this will all get worked out one
way or another, but I'm not sure it will happen by Thursday.

Thanks!
Steve