How to use Bind response policy zone to stop Firefox from using DNS over HTTPS

Andy Bradford amb-sendok-1570675292.imedhmcikmpdekkcbefg at bradfords.org
Mon Sep 9 20:41:32 MDT 2019

Thus said Michael Torrie on Mon, 09 Sep 2019 20:22:38 -0600:

> Individual users can turn it off or  on in preferences, or they can go
> into about:config  and change  "network.trr.mode" to "5."  Why Mozilla
> didn't make this opt-in I don't know.

Indeed. So when I browse  to

Options->General->Network Settings->Settings

I see  a checkbox labeled "Enable  DNS over HTTPS". It  is not currently
checked, and it has a default DoH setting (greyed out) of:

https://mozilla.cloudflare-dns.com/dns-query

I   wonder  what   the  implications   would   be  if   I  also   hijack
mozilla.cloudflare-dns.com on my DNS resolvers... I'm going to find out.

Thanks,

Andy
--
TAI64 timestamp: 400000005d770d81