Mouse Jumping Problem

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Tue Jul 9 10:34:04 MDT 2019

I've been having an issue lately that is inconsistent, but is worse now,
and it's driving me crazy.

I'm running Fedora 30 on a Dell xps 15 9570 with the thunderbolt "dock," so
a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Mobile there, and an Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Mobile)
built-in.  I think this only happens when I'm using the nvidia card, and
external monitors plugged in, but I'm not positive about that.  I'm using
the nvidia proprietary drivers from rpmfusion.

What happens is, the mouse pointer just randomly jumps.  I can have both
hands on the keyboard, and the mouse pointer will randomly jump to the
other monitor.  Or it will jump up, down left, or right inside the current
window, or to another.  It happens all the time, whether my hands are on
the keyboard or not.  I've replaced my rodent with a new Logitech M500, and
that didn't help.  Googling hasn't yielded any similar problems.  This
doesn't appear (to me) to be an acceleration issue.

Anybody seen anything like this before?

Thanks,
Barry