Telegram group

Daniel Fussell dfussell at byu.edu
Thu Apr 18 18:35:51 MDT 2019

On 4/17/19 7:27 PM, sjansen at buscaluz.org wrote:
> On April 17, 2019 at 10:55:27 AM, Larry Dewey
> (ldewey at suse.de(mailto:ldewey at suse.de)) wrote:
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> Just wanted to let people know that a small group of us decided to
>> create a telegram group. If anyone else would like to join, they are
>> welcome to:
>>
>> https://t.me/joinchat/DKUwX0sHch1DXKNL4fmCnA
> Telegram?! Back in my day all we had was IRC.
>
> And we liked it!
>
> Sheesh... kids these days with your Instabooks, Facegrams, and Tweeters.
>
> The real hangout is #utah on Freenode. It’s even added to the footer of
> Plug list emails.

What do you mean IRC?!?  In my day we hung out in scheduled nets on HAM
bands and occasionally tapped out questions in morse code.

And we liked it.  And you know why we liked it?  'Cuz we were miserable,
that's why!  And we liked that too!

Go ahead, tell me one thing your new fangled digital thingamajig can do
that my op-amp can't.  Go ahead, wow me.

;-Daniel