Linux and accessibility

Alpheus Madsen alpheus.madsen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 15:51:33 MDT 2018

Consider using one-handed Dvorak. In KDE, if it's available, it will be
found under "System Settings" > "Input Devices" > "Keyboard" > "Layouts".
Check the "Configure Layouts" checkbox, and look for it as an English
variant.

You'll have to print out a copy of the keys so that you'll know where they
are, and I'm not 100% sure it will be worthwhile to learn for only a week,
but it may nonetheless make typing a little easier, even for that week.

Left-hand and Right-hand Dvorak were created when Dvorak was trying to
create a simplified keyboard for the Navy, and a one-handed vet expressed
interest in a keyboard simplified for one hand.

I hope you recover quickly!