July Meeting: Random Number Generators

James Simister james at plug.org
Thu Jul 12 10:40:01 MDT 2018

Date: Tuesday, July 17th
Time: 7:00pm
Location: UVU Business Resource Center

Aaron Toponce will be talking on random number generators, how they're classified, a look at different algorithms, where they've been deployed, how mistakes have been learned, and where intuitions are right and where they're wrong about randomness.

The presentation will cover some very basic theory, a bit of application, and we'll take a walk down a bit of history. By the end of the presentation, we should know enough about random number generator so to have a good idea on how to take things further on our own.

Just go in the front doors, and follow the signs. We're usually in a conference in the back of the main floor.

Pizza will be provided courtesy of Google.

http://plug.org/uvu has directions and a map