REMINDER: OpenWest 2017 - Call For Papers

Victor Villa vvilla at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 17:10:58 MDT 2017

** Call for Papers open until April 2nd

BONUS! Help us get the word out about the Call for Papers! Starting this
week, if we see your tweet (use #openwest) or your facebook, you'll be
automatically entered into a contest to win Amazon Gift Cards and other
AMAZING prizes! *

** Less than 2 weeks left in the Call for Papers!
We've had some great submissions and would love to see more!

The OpenWest Conference is one of the best Open Source conferences where
community members from around the western U.S. come together to learn and
share information about the latest trends and technologies in development,
system administration, and more.

** Blind community voting

We use blind community voting as the main factor in deciding which speakers
to invite. Other factors include the number of talks per topic, travel
cost, and the number of talks submitted by that speaker. We do NOT take
into consideration gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation.

** https://cfp.openwest.org/

** Call for Volunteers
OpenWest needs you!  From AV to crowd control, there are many ways to help
out in the community!  This year when volunteers will not only get a free
pass to the conference, but will also receive {drum roll, please} an RGB
LED strip + accoutrements!  {I call dibs on making a halo}

** https://www.openwest.org/volunteer/

OpenWest Code of Conduct

We are also committed to ensuring the conference is a place where ideas are
exchanged, old friends get together, new friends meet and harassment is not
tolerated. We expect speakers, attendees and sponsor representatives to be
professional and courteous to each other. We reserve the right to remove,
without refund, ANY attendee (speaker or otherwise) who is unable to adhere
to this policy.
* Please send an email to social at utos.org to let us know of your posts!
(just in case it gets missed )

** (https://www.facebook.com/OpenWest/)