Opening on my team at Red Hat for Jr./Mid Level Developer Advocate - remote

Alan Kirkwood a_d_kirkwood at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 14:35:25 MST 2016

Is this position still open ? Ifso , I'll send you my resume .

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 9:01 AM, Grant Shipley<gshipley at gmail.com> wrote:   Hey folks:

Sorry if this fills up your inbox as I hate spam but I would really love to
have someone on my team from Utah-ish area.  For those that don't know me,
I used to live in Utah and was pretty active on plug but moved to NC about
12 years ago to work at Red Hat.  I have never given up my mailing list sub
though.:)

At any rate, I have an opening on my team (I am the hiring manager) for a
Jr. to Mid level developer advocate for our OpenShift container platform.
To be clear, this is not a Sr. Level position.

The job is pretty awesome in that you can be remote (anywhere) and can work
on super cool things that you have interest in.  Really, the only
requirement is that you know how to code and like writing blog posts and
speaking at developer conferences.  Given that, this position does include
travel and you will probably see most of the world within a few short years.

At any rate, here is the job description I typed up in case anyone is
interested.  Please email me directly off-list at grant at redhat.com if
you want to talk more about it or have questions about salary etc.

Pros:
Work on open source
Work remote
Work with pretty much any language you like
Code your own sample apps that interest you to demo the open source project
Great team
Great company
Travel

Cons:
travel if you don't like to do that
Remote if you need to be in an office

--
gs

Company Description

At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and
contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing
solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization
technologies, together with award-winning global customer support,
consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing
company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.

Job Summary

The Red Hat OpenShift Container Application Platform team is seeking an
energetic and enthusiastic Developer Advocate to join us. In this role, you
will promote the work of our growing team and upstream communities.
OpenShift has the feel of a startup because of the excitement surrounding
this rapidly evolving product and business line, yet through Red Hat, it
also has the support and resources of an established open source software
company. This is a great opportunity for a talented developer who wants to
become an influential communicator across multiple mediums including public
speaking, blogging, writing, and social media.

Primary Job Responsibilities

  -

  Attend and speak at user groups, meetups, and conferences on topics that
  relate to containers and orchestration via Kubernetes
  -

  Act as a goodwill ambassador to developer and partner communities
  -

  Develop content including how-to articles, videos, and blog posts that
  demonstrates how to use the latest in technology trends (microservices,
  containers, orchestration, etc.)
  -

  Enable Red Hat employees and the community to advocate on the team's
  behalf
  -

  Assist users with technical issues via online chat (IRC) and forums

Required Skills

  -

  Technical competence in multiple language, framework, or middleware
  communities
  -

  Some experience with speaking engagements at developer conferences,
  camps, and meetups
  -

  Background in carrying out initiatives, taking responsibility, meeting
  deadlines, framing challenging problems, and building expert knowledge in
  multiple domains
  -

  Linux skills are preferred, as well as a familiarity with PHP, Java,
  Python, Ruby, or Node.js
  -

  Ability to work with multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, and OS
  X)
  -

  Ability to pick up new technologies quickly; passion for staying up to
  date on industry trends in the developer space
  -

  Passion for open source software
  -

  Willingness to travel

Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative
action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic
information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital
status, or any other basis prohibited by law.

/*