iSCSI howto?

Lloyd Brown lloyd_brown at byu.edu
Wed May 13 08:09:56 MDT 2015

I can't speak for everyone, but we've used it sometimes due to
application software support.  A large number of our users are using
commercial, proprietary, precompiled software, to do their work.  As
much as I'd love to get them to move to something more open, that's not
feasible right now, for several reasons.

The point is that most commercial software applications offerings on
Linux, support one or two distros.  Most of the time it's RHEL,
RHEL+SuSE, or RHEL+Ubuntu.  And, for the most part, if it supports RHEL,
we can get it to work with CentOS.

Having said that, the University got a site-license for RHEL a few years
ago, so we switched most of our stuff over to it.  If that went away,
we'd probably switch back to CentOS.

Lloyd Brown
Systems Administrator
Fulton Supercomputing Lab