Good Headset recommendations?

Lonnie Olson lists at kittypee.com
Mon May 11 09:51:38 MDT 2015

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 4:54 AM, Dan Egli <ddavidegli at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, anyone know of a good gaming headset that works under Linux? I kind of
> prefer USB as most motherboard audio chipsets aren't that good, but I can
> do analog connected to the motherboard if the USB headsets aren't good
> matches to Linux. It needs a microphone, and the more accurate it is with
> 3D/Positional sound, the better. :) I will take just about any kind, but
> one with larger ear cups (surrounding the ear vs. just covering it) works
> better for me.

This headset is my absolute favorite.
http://www.astrogaming.com/a50-wireless-headset/A50-WIRELESS-HEADSET-ASTRO-GEN2-PC.html

It supports three different inputs.  USB, 3.5mm analog, and TOSlink
Optical.  All three can even be used at once.  No special drivers are
needed, so it works on Windows, Mac, Linux, PS3, PS4, XBox One, XBox
360 (w/ adapter), etc.

They are wireless, sound great, have large ear cups that are very
comfortable, have a nice mic with an easy flip up to mute.  The
battery lasts most of the day, but can still be used while plugged in
charging.

Drawbacks: They are a little heavy due to the battery, and they aren't
really cheap.