Mdadm question

Dan Egli ddavidegli at gmail.com
Fri May 1 04:37:49 MDT 2015

On April 29, 2015, Michael Torrie wrote:

> I'm not sure what distro you're using. On RH-related distros, it's done

> with the dracut command. And usually it just does the right thing

> (tm) with regards to putting all the configs and information to start

> the md disks in the initial ram disk, based on your running configuration.

I should have mentioned I'm using Gentoo, sorry. I'll look for a dracut
command, but I don't recall seeing it. Assuming I don't have such a
command, anyone know what kind of parameters I'd pass to mkinitrd? Or to
any other similar program to build an init-rd that has mdadm and the
mdadm.conf in it and calls mdadm to assemble the raid?

--- Dan